Does your life “Wobble?”

Posted: Sunday, April 4, 2010 by Unknown in Labels: , , ,
2

I never could throw a football…

Well, I could throw one, they just were never very "pretty." All my friends could throw a perfect spiral… not me. I could throw it a long way, but mine looked more like a wounded duck than a pass.

Then one day I discovered the Nerf Vortex football. Maybe you have seen one of these.

These are amazing! They take my imperfect throw and make them perfect. It was just in time too. My son is now old enough to notice the difference and I have an image to keep. Now I throw the ball and have confidence in my results. Thank you Nerf!

**************************************************************************

Most teenage boys dream of conquering the world. Simply look at the dreams and desires written in every boy’s heart: to be a hero, to be a warrior, to live a life of adventure and risk, and I was no different. I was blessed to have many of these dreams come true while still in my early 20’s. I was married to the woman of my dreams, built up a million dollar business, lived in a nice neighborhood, owned toys and nice cars, but I found myself very unhappy. You could say my life had a “wobble” in it.

I spent the next few years of my life trying to figure it out. The world said I should be happy, but I wasn’t. Don’t get me wrong, I loved my life, my family, & my friends, but something was missing. More money didn’t help, neither did a new toy or hobby. Then one day I had a friend invite me to a church service that was being held by some of his friends. I didn’t feel like going because I had given up on the Christ “thing” when I was 17. That said, he was a good friend so I decided to join him.

To say that day changed my life would be an absolute understatement. There were no fireworks, no out-of-body experiences, just a warm sense of peace and comfort that came over me when I accepted Christ into my life. It was “THE” missing piece for me.

Today, I am far from perfect. I make mistakes daily and often lose my patience with people and things. But with Christ in my life, he can take all my imperfections and straiten them out and give me confidence - Thank You God!

“I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me” - Philippians 4:13

Today I am starting this new Blog. I will be discussing topics from all aspects of life.

I wanted my first post to start with the foundation of my life. My love for my lord and savior Jesus Christ. This you can not argue here… the rest of my random observations are fair game. :)

I wish you all a happy Easter, as for me, I am going to go play catch with my son. He got a brand new Nerf Vortex football from the “Easter Bunny” this morning.

2 comments:

  1. Thats great. I love how you are putting God first. How refreshing to hear some good honest, true confession of Christ, and not some blah blah make your ears feel good, I have heard from others. Keep it up. I will follow this blog.

  1. Unknown says:

    Thanks David for your kind words and for the follow... I will try to make it worth your time :) Cheers!