It's Your Life... Don't Miss It!

Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 by Unknown in Labels: , , , , , , , ,
1

From time to time, someone will private message me criticizing me for posting a lifestyle picture or they will accuse me of bragging about my family, a recent purchase, trips, or something like that. It never really bothers me, but today I would like to explain why I post certain things.

Several years ago I went to a wedding for a close friend’s daughter. At the reception, in the middle of the first dance between his daughter and the groom, I noticed my friend starting to tear up. When I asked him if he was ok his reply was “I missed it.” “Missed what?” I asked. “Her whole life” he said. While this friend was financially successful, I wondered at that moment; “How much of his money would he be willing to give back in return for a few more years with his only daughter?” The experience reminded me of the John Lennon quote; "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.”

From that day on I stopped counting my life in just months, years and decades and decided to focus on having a good day… because, as my friend Kevin Knebl says; “Good days make up a good life.” The first thing I say every morning when I awake is; "Thank you God for another day.” The last thing I do each day is thank Him for my blessings and ask for one more. If the answer is no, I would like to believe that I am ready. That doesn't mean I'm looking to go right away, but if it's my time, I believe I am ready because I have thoroughly enjoyed my life.

Personally, I meet a lot of people that are “preparing” to get ready to live. They delay all the things they want to do on the hopes that one day they can. I used to be like that. I would say things like; “I will be happy once I am married”, or “once I buy a home.” I will be a success once I accomplish “this” or once I am able to do “that.”


So my thought for today is this… Yes, prepare for the future and be responsible but don't forget to live today! Take your kids golfing and enjoy a sunset. Plan a trip, buy a pet, sing out loud to a to a great song, laugh more. Tell more people that you love them and ask for forgiveness from someone you’ve wronged. Don't wait. Do it now, because that is all you are guaranteed.

This is your life… Don’t “Miss It!”

Carry on… ツ

1 comments:

  1. Coach says:

    Thanks Lance always seem to get me thinking and doing more to improve!